Sunday, January 5, 2014

The first few crazy nutty days.

I love Tarot.  I've been studying and reading it since 1988, and have a tradition of drawing a card at Midnight on New Year's Eve/Day.  This year I choose to share my card here, as I asked 'What is my focus for my art this year?'  Here's the card (I use primarily the Thoth deck):

It's  fantastic card to draw when thinking about artistic endeavors, that's for sure.  Especially since I felt myself drawn to focusing more on earthly, natural materials (copper and clay, mainly), and to learning more about color.  This card tells me to let go and play, to not start with any preconceived notions, and to open my eyes, ears and heart to all that the universe has to tell me. 

Cosmos, I'm listening!

I've started out with a mixed media canvas that isn't ready yet, because WHOOHOO, I got a helluva a chest cold from New Year's Eve.  Still fighting it and am trying to get over it quickly as there is a LOT to do. 

Wait, Cosmos, I said I'm listening, but maybe I wasn't really.  Rereading that last few sentences tells me that I"m not.

Okay, backing up to rest, heal and listen some more.

Love you all! xoxo Juliette

2 comments:

  1. Get well soon Juliette!!! Wishing you all the best, try to rest...
    Jana
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana!!! Thanks so much dear friend. Happy New Year to you :) I'm trying to rest, I promise. Haven't gone to the bench in a week, and keep looking at what everyone else is doing, which makes me want to go to the bench! :P Vicious circle!

      xoxoxoxo

      Delete