Sunday, October 13, 2013

More work being done, just a bit slower this week.

I'm moving slowly these past few days, feeling the change of the seasons and my need for an infusion (Wednesday).  So I'm working on putting things together using components I have made already, plus getting ready for Encore Weekend for Open Studios this Saturday.

Dia de los Muertos is coming up soon, and I'm getting my ofrenda up this week.  I'm also trying out making my own Calavera this year, a Frida Kahlo one!  Here's what I would like to make:

or something like it.  We'll see.  I'll post pictures when it's done.

We are planning on going to Dia de los Muertos this year in SF.  We usually go to one celebration every year.  Here are some photos from a previous SF Dia de los Muertos.

copal incense and marigolds.  Used for ofrendas (altars).

small inside ofrenda.

displays of calaveras.  I'm hoping mine turns out alright!

Really cool calavera!

oh, and here's Lapis, tired after a long day.  HAHAHAHA!


Lots of love,
Juliette

No comments:

Post a Comment