Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mitsi rocks.




I've been really getting back into painting and printmaking lately.  It's helped my head clear and gotten me thinking in new ways - much needed apparently.  I didn't know how stuck I was until I started challenging myself to use more color in my metal work, and started out by using paint, pencils, whatever I had.

Working with polymer again helped a lot.  It's really expanded my horizons, and my head is full of ideas!  Problem is - sometimes I have so many notes and ideas it's hard to get on track and making things. 

Last night, I discovered Mitsi.  She's a painter and has a lot of Youtube videos.  She paints a LOT like Basquiat, one of my HEROES.  She also does some really incredible botanical paintings.  This one just rocked my world, and got me off my procrastinating butt and back to the bench.  :)  So I thought I'd share it with you.  Cheers, Mitsi!  XOXO Juliette


1 comment: