Saturday, August 3, 2013

revisions, revisions.

I've had a few pieces from Petra of Scorched Earth sitting on the bench for a while.  I got them because they presented challenges for me - extra loops for pieces that offered new design ideas.

But the ideas have been sitting in my mind and sketchbook for months.  What is it?? Ugh, I hate when I get 'stuck'.  But this past week I've been working with polymer and copper paddles and am coming up with this so far:



I like the unusual-ness of the copper paddles, but have replaced the copper coil at the top of the pendant with some oxidized wire in a neater 'coil.'

I love the iridescent quality of the glazed Petra used.

Okay, on to more work!
xoxo Juliette

4 comments:

  1. it looks great! you totally reminded me of when i was just starting and i would buy vintage findings that i had no idea what they were used for just to see what i might do with them. ah, discovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you - your work has influenced me quite a bit! A challenge is ALWAYS a good idea in order to grow, and I am glad to have friends like you to bounce ideas off. The great videos work, too. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I've had to scorch my head a few times puzzling on how to best use her pieces too! A challenge is good once in awhile isn't it. It turned out to be a fun piece.
    I was happy that I sold a necklace yesterday and it was one of my more unusual pieces to a rather conservative lady. It helped that she had a couple of friends with her to talk he into it. Women's friends are much better saleslady's than I'll ever be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you completely. Her pieces tend to challenge me a lot, and sometimes the pieces I have bought for a specific design end up in something completely different!

      Congratulations on the sale, girl! That's fantastic. And you know, I love that there was a discussion about it in front of you. I had that happen to me a few weeks ago, and one woman bought one of my necklaces saying that she wanted to wear it with her new black suit. That totally blew me away as I didn't envision how it would be worn, and I saw the piece in a whole new light! xoxo

      Delete