Tuesday, August 20, 2013

One of the best days.

I've been away attending the wedding of some very dear friends.  Christopher and Danny have been partners for 30 years, and because California finally decided that it was okay for men to marry each other and women to marry each other, they got married.

Christopher's father, a retired Deacon of the Episcopalian church, married them.  It was one of the best weddings I've ever attended.  Look at the joy on these faces (the guy in the lower right is Mark, he assists Jack as a caretaker, while he is studying to become a nurse.  He helped Jack dress for the wedding, which was VERY VERY special for him):

I've been very fortunate to marry the love of my life (again, guy on the lower right, haha), and so I can relate to the love on these faces.  But the joy of seeing them being able to marry is something I am so lucky to have witnessed.  I wish everyone in the world could know such happiness.

To love!  :)

2 comments:

  1. wonderful. made me realize how lucky i am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say each time I see them or see this picture I think the same as you.

    ReplyDelete