Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wonderful show. :)

I've found my 'audience,' or at least one of them - they seem to frequent art museums a lot, and love artisan jewelry.  Kind of like me!  Was so happy and lucky to have sold quite a bit this past Saturday, so have a lot of work to do before the July 20 Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History show.


Here's the set up underneath my  new canopy.  Two tables seemed to really work!  People liked the 'spread out ness' of it all.

The only bad thing?  The cheap canopy broke after this one use.  ARGH.  I mailed the whole thing back yesterday, and we will get one of the heavy duty ones in a week or so.  There's a bit of time before the next show.

I sold a lot of necklaces this time.  Which I'm happy about since I seem to be making more of them these days!  The Tribal one that had Jana's focal on it sold to a very enthusiastic President of the San Jose Art League, who asked if I could demonstrate or teach at one of their meetings - ME!?!?  Sure! :D


I'm happy and ready to keep going.  Hope you're all having a good Monday, and that Kim isn't too hot up there in Alaska !

XOXO J XOXO

8 comments:

  1. Bravo ! No stopping you now. Nice backdrop poster-ish drop thing. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!

      Oh, Nick is the name of the guy who did my banner, and here is his Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Milweb1
      Please tell him Juliette sent you ;) The banner is beautifully done in heavy duty vinyl with six grommets. It will last a long time.

      Delete
  2. Not too hot although it promises to get up near 90. A gravel pit swim is in order!.
    I'm not surprised that you had a good reception to your work and as far as jana's pieces go I think she practically will sell our work for us! Bah to the cheap canopy. It's really worth it to get a good one if you're going to be dong this more often. it looks like a peaceful and natural setting. I'm afraid our farmer's market here is not quite so quaint with a peat pit and heavy equipment running next door coupled with propane blasts from the sweet popcorn folks nearby. It's even more peaceful on the other side of the market but I've got a corner spot near the food booths so there I stay. I finally convinced the fundraising booth for fiddle playing youths that we really can't tolerate them practicing the same two tunes all day much as I think it's a worthy cause. The other day another vendor was complaining about the drum group that was practicing nearby. It turned out it was a bulldozer trying to break up ice in the peat pit next door. What can you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No WAY! I am still laughing about the 'drum group.' Holy cow! Sounds like you have a good set up next to the food, that way people may linger around your booth!

      And yes, I really shouldn't have gone for the cheap canopy. But it's been sent back and money will be refunded, so that adventure fiasco is over. Looking forward to a better one, and hopefully it will be easier to set up!

      Gravel pit swim? Is that literally a gravel pit full of water? I can see how that sounds good! Hope you go for a good time.
      xoxo J

      Delete
  3. Yes, you're unstoppable! Big congrats on the successful show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was a good one, and it definitely gave me the incentive and feeling that I'm on to something here! xoxo

      Delete
  4. And lol@Kim's farmer's market description. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's pretty uptown for Alaska but very Alaskan all the same!
      Yes , when they make gravel pits they fill up with water. Something we have plenty of up here so it's a lot of nice manmade ponds here and there. It was so refreshing today. The sun is still blazing hot at 90 right now at 8:00 PM. Kind of unusual...the temp, not the light.

      Delete