Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Jewelry show weirdness...

Hi loves,

So in scheduling and planning out the next few busy months, I discovered that one of the shows I was to do is on the same day as another big show.  This is the second time that the smaller show has done something strange, although not intentionally to me.  I'm going to bow out in favor of the larger show and hope that it is the right decision. :P

Have been working with a lot of pieces from Petra lately (LOVE THEM), and lots more copper.  I've got some ideas bubbling around regarding collaged jewelry, so we'll see where that goes.  Here are some pictures from this week so far:

Got the enamel right on these, with little sgraffito circles...but some gold Gilder's paste got on them a bit and now I'm not sure how to fix.  Argh.  I love them, they are really shiny but the gold looks like they got damaged.

Trying some new 'scratching through layers' on copper and brass.  These are subtle, but I like how they turned out.

Another picture of them hanging.

And just because it's going viral (again), here's the video I tend to sing to my non-jewelry artist friends, mainly so that they won't ever sing it to ME.  Hah.  :)

xoxo J xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I think this will be a weird season for shows for me too. One good one has changed venues due to remodeling and another has discontinued and another is by invite only and you don't know from one year to the next if you'll be invited.At least my etsy supply sales seem to be making up for decreased shows and gallery sales.
    How are you applying your enamels? Torch firing or kiln firing
    What kind of enamels are you using? I've never tried scratching them.

    ReplyDelete