Thursday, March 7, 2013

LOTS of new pieces.

Finally!  A whole lot of pieces I've been wanting to share for a while:


Morocco. Ceramics by Scorched Earth, patinated copper paddles.


Portals. Copper, enamel, wax, steel, rainbow pyrite.


Yeye.  Ceramics by Scorched Earth, conch shells.

Aeturnum. Ceramics by Scorched Earth, copper paddles, steel.

Sea Dragon. Ceramics by Scorched Earth, conch shell.

Mastodon. Fossilized mastodon teeth (approx. 10,000 years old), conch, steel.

.Infinite. Enamel, copper, sterling silver.

Labyrinth. Copper, sterling silver, enamel, wax.

Serpentina. Copper, enamel, wax, bone beads, sterling silver.
Whew! That's it for now. I'm fighting (really hard too, ugh) a possible cold.  Am hoping to win the fight. ;)

xoxo J xoxo


8 comments:

  1. So cool to be seeing what you're up to with the copper and Petra's components. I miss creating when I'm traveling but it's god for me to have a break too I think. Are you doing your enameling at the torch or in a kiln?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly! I've been loving your FB posts about your trip, but hope you are feeling much better.

      Just think, perhaps you'll get really inspired by your trip, if you haven't already, and you won't be able to stop creating! Kind of cool to think about ;)

      I am enameling with a torch. I'm having fun experimenting with different surfaces using enamel. xo J

      Delete
  2. Love how colorful and adventurous you're getting with the enamels and all. Real fun stuff. Feel better soon. Spring is over the hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much. :) I am really enjoying working with enamels, inks and waxes. It's really stretching my boundaries and helping me with color!

      I really can't wait for spring - admittedly it's very possible that part of this cough I have is because I spent hours outside cleaning up pots and sweeping, then photographing outside in the damp. These redwoods hold in moisture so much that even when the rain stops, it still rains from their branches!

      Delete
  3. Oodles of nice new earrings. Especially liking "Portals". Love what you're doing with the enamels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I'm loving the experimentation with enamel. You know what, I love 'Portals' too, and fought against wanting to keep them. ;)

      Delete
  4. L@@K how busy you've been! Wonderful new earrings...and I do love the very first pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lela!! Thanks so much. These have been so much fun to work on, and finally after a long few months, 'EASY' to work on. Meaning they 'flowed' out, rather than me trying and trying to GET them out ;) xoxo

      Delete