Friday, January 25, 2013

Wow. Very cool idea.

This post by Melissa Cable shows how she found a way to do anticlastic work using a trailer hitch from the hardware store.  Brilliant and a 'oh man, why didn't I think of that?' moment for me.

I mean, come on.  Look at that work!  :D  Can't wait to go to Ace tomorrow.

xoxo Juliette

PS - spent the afternoon with my brilliant textile artist friend Doug, and we discussed picture taking.  He proposed I try taking the same photos at night using the setup.  I will, and will post the results.  Crossing fingers!!



2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece! OK, so not being one who works with metal, I had to look up the word anticlastic.....now I get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I hear you, Alice. I've been infatuated with the shapes I can create (or what I'm working on creating) and have to say that the trailer hitch piece WORKS!! As much as I love Otto Frei I love that I have a $10 tool put onto my bench with a C clamp instead of a $50 Otto Frei piece with special fittings, etc. Okay, onward to photography.
      xo Juliette

      Delete