Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy Happy Part II

Happy Christmas from me to all of you.

Just got back up the mountain from the wackiest Christmas I've been to yet, in all of my years. First up it was going with my Welsh husband and many friends to the most hilarious gay bar in San Francisco I've ever been to. And I've lived in SF for many years before moving to the mountains just above!

So - it was COVERED from ceiling to bartender in Santas, elves, angels, you name it (I mean decorations, not the people). THEN, the people - a huge drag show on the stage with everything from carols to rap, blues to country. We had a few drinks and then walked down the street to - I kid you not - High Mass at Midnight. We have two of our dearest friends who are Episcopalians, two beautiful married gay men. It was incredible. All sung, the big frankincense burners, everything. Took me waaaay back to when I had to go to midnight Mass (Catholic, but damned near the same thing).

Blissfully beautiful.  I marvelled at the incredible Mary statues they had, and then we went back to Christopher and Danny's for a 'nightcap'.  Well, that was a night HAT if not anything else.  We ended staying over because we all got sauced.  Hah!  So in the morning it was an amazing breakfast of homemade waffles, bacon and about 50 cups of coffee before I felt human again.  Then I remembered it was Christmas. See what a night at Marlena's and then High Mass can do to a girl?

So we got cleaned up and I brought my photo gifts and cards out, and we reconvened for dinner (after several hours of napping).  Got the coolest gift, a set of Dia de los Muertos nail polishes.  Seriously!  Glow in dark yellow, then black, orange and hot pink.  With skull decals!  Yeah!!  :)

Got sauced again with really incredible whiskey.

Got a beautiful present of my favorite vodka, St. George's Mandarin Vodka.  Hallelujah.

Got an offer to repair some items in the church - ME???  Yes!  I am going to clean and repair some very very old pieces, including an incenser.  I'm in heaven!  How cool is this???

Now we are resting at home, but are heading out in the morning to my Family's home in Nevada City.  So will be away from the bench for another 36 hours, but well worth it as my Family are so precious.  Can't wait to see them, and then to get back to business.  Oh yeah!  Then there is New Year's.  Good thing we have a tradition of having people come to US for New Year's!  Love you all, talk to you when we get back on Friday.

xoxo Juliette

8 comments:

  1. Vodka girl! I knew your were my kind of gal. I like a good whiskey too.
    I've been on a bit of a whirlwind of too much fun and visiting and trying to regain my balance back at the studio.
    Happy New Year too you as well.
    xoxo

    PS, Marina is trying to get ahold of you, She has something listed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Yes, I love the vodka, good stuff it must be, says my Yoda self. And a good bourbon too, along with the good whiskey. Not all at once but definitely one of them will make me happy in the evening. :)

      Are you at home for New Year's Eve?

      I am so ready to start work again, but am still fighting this nastiness that has invaded me! I'm banished to the bed with books and a nightstand full of vitamins (and some drugs, too). Soon, soon!
      xoxo
      PS, I jumped on when I saw this and got the earrings. She has been making earrings with pictures from my first tarot set and they are lovely, as most of her things are. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Party hearty, girlfriend!
    Just stopped by to see what you've been doing...WOW. Your recent work is wonderful, a whole new level. Looking forward to what the new year brings.
    Happy New Year!
    j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you! Thank you so much, and wishing you a very happy and prosperous New Year!! Lots of love :)

      Delete
  3. Take it easy out there, lady! ;)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Lela! I've missed talking to you. I'll be around more often now! xoxo Juliette

      Delete
  4. Hi Juliette,
    I think I just found this blog as everytime I hit your name i went to some weird Yahoo place that i couldn’t leave a comment on...so jeepers sorry I haven’t been commenting...thanks so much for mentioning me in few posts back...sweet.

    yes..submit to Belle Armoire Jewelry...if I can get in so can you...by all means...cheers and happy 2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello You! How funny that my name kept going to a Yahoo place. Weird. Glad you found me, though. I've missed you!

      I decided to submit to their next deadline, I think in June. I'm just too much of a space cadet right now and need to get some new pieces out - but I will do it and thanks for the encouragement. Can't wait to see your issue!

      Happy New Year, Juliette

      Delete