Monday, November 19, 2012

How's your week?

Mine started out a bit rocky.  The show I've been gearing up for was cancelled due to rain.  There is another show this weekend and I"m inside, so hopefully all goes well for that! Ahh, retail.

Mark comes home this weekend.  Maybe I"ll get some sleep! Sleep has not been kind to me these past few weeks, I don't seem to get any.  Or very little, at least.

Got some more work done, though:

Praefulgeo. Copper, Brass, Sterling silver, enamel, wax.

Salai. Copper, brass, sterling silver, ink, wax, enamel.

My Joyous Dance. Ceramics by Scorched Earth, Hamsa charms from Turkey, Belly dance coins from Eclectic Tea, turquoise resin, sterling silver, steel.

Stratum. Copper, sterling silver, wax, enamel, ink.
I've missed posting here.  It's funny, I threw myself into working, getting new pieces out there and learning new techniques, etc. but I didn't really share much of it. It's time to learn some balance!

Lots of love and hoping your week is going well - mine is getting better :)
xo Juliette

9 comments:

  1. I recognise those ceramics from scorchedearth, just put some on my blog too ;). Love the blue enamel on the first earrings, stunning. Hope your husband enjoyed his stay in Wales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and yes - Scorched Earth/Petra has done some beautiful things I had to work with! Looking forward to browsing yours. Mark seems to have had an up and down time, but mostly good things. Counting the days until this weekend when we can catch up ;)

      Delete
  2. I hope you get some good sleep so you can stay healthy for the holidays. Best of luck on your next show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice! Thank you dear one. I gave myself a self-imposed rest today, as much as possible. My Mom always had a 'cure' when we weren't feeling better - tea with honey, a hot bath, and while I was in it she changed the sheets on my bed. <3.

      Now I have to do it myself but it still works!
      xo

      Delete
  3. Nice earring batch. Praefulgeo blue is lovely. Best of luck with your upcoming show and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That blue pair is the first pair I've been happy with, enamel-wise. Am going to take a class with one of my favorite local metalsmiths, Evelyn Markasky. She knows what to do: http://www.evelynmarkasky.com/
      xo your work is continuing to stun me!

      Delete
  4. Lots of great new earrings - I like Praefulgeo too.
    Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH. My Week: And I finally got a little Etsy shop opened. So that was a bit different, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lela! What's the address of your shop? I must see!
      xoxo Happy holidays to you too!

      Delete