Monday, October 8, 2012

Wow.

So, my husband is leaving for Wales on October 24, to see his Mum and to travel for a month. Yes, I wish I could go, but am not able to, because of my meds. It's all good, I've made my peace.

Anyway, he bought us a present - a Canon EOS Rebel T3i!!  I get to use it, provided he takes it to Wales for a month.

I couldn't handle it, I started taking pictures tonight with my light box (now granted, I need to learn how to use it, but I did watch the DVD that came with it):



The top picture is copper with ink, the bottom two are sterling silver.  I still need to work out the settings for this camera, which is SO much more sophisticated than my sweet Canon 1530.  Not complaining in the least!  :)

Happy dreams, xoxo Juliette


9 comments:

  1. I hope your hubby enjoys his visit too Wales, it's a shame you couldn't go. I've just returned from Porthmadog, refreshed! Earrings are looking cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! Yes, I'm sad not to be going, but glad he'll see his Mum, as he hasn't seen her in almost 13 years.

      Porthmadog, I just looked that up - in North Wales? He will be in Ystradgynlais, near Swansea in South Wales. Porthmadog looks beautiful!!

      Delete
  2. How fun! My husband just recently purchased the T4i and there are so many features it makes my head spin. I could never get the photos to look right when using a photo box so now I just set up in by a north facing window and everything is grand....unless it's cloudy. I hope you enjoy this new camera. Your earrings are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is right! Your pictures look great, as do the earrings. Hope the month flies by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, you. I'll miss him, but have been researching WiFi in the area (looks like we'll have to get him an Orange account) so we can keep in touch and talk on Skype. :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new camera. It looks like the white balance was right on the bottom photo...but the top two look a little yellow. I'm sure you'll get it figured out!

    Great earrings too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lela, you're right - that yellow tinge is something I need to work on, but it's so FUN to play with this camera I'm not complaining! ;)

      Delete
  5. Too bad you won't have the time to play with the camera while he's away.
    I bet you'll get it dialed in as soon as you have a bit more time with it.
    Meanwhile keep making your earrings... looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I hear you. But at least I have an older Canon that I've used that will keep me for a month. Thank you for your comment about the earrings, too! I appreciate it :)
      xoxo J.

      Delete