Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lots going on around here.

Busy time of year!!  Open Studio, birthdays (my family), Mark (husband) getting ready to go to Wales the end of October, a new show the end of September at the Ben Lomond gallery, and somewhere in there, I've got to list more in the Etsy shop.

Ugh, and it's Infusion Day tomorrow.  Honestly, I need it.  Sometimes the last days before infusions, I feel like I'm moving through mud or quicksand.  It's very tiring!

Here's some new work:

Over the edge.  Fire painted copper, steel, leather, bone.

Parodium.  Fire painted copper, aluminum, sterling silver.

Bazaarite.  Fire painted copper, Afghani coins, shark's tooth, bone.

Scentium.  Fire painted copper.
Marina of Fanciful Devices, I finally photographed those earrings 'hanging.' Ha!  How long has it been?

How's your week treating you?
xoxo Juliette

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous stuff! I love that last pair of earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Alice! That last pair was so 'organic' - they came together so quickly. I LOVE when that happens (not always, that's for sure)!
      xoxo Juliette

      Delete
  2. You've been busy! Open studios sound so fun....I wish we had such a thing here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lela! It's a lot of excitement and fun, but a lot of nervousness, too! I hope to take lots of pictures to share.

      Whereabouts are you located? I know they have Open Studio events in lots of places, not just CA - is there an Art Guild or anything nearby that might be hosting it?

      xoxo Juliette

      Delete
    2. You have another new background! Hehe.

      I'm in Oklahoma...and I know a few of the cities have open studio nights, gallery walks, etc. But not in my little city of 25,000. We have an art center that is well supported and I'm thankful for that.

      Delete
    3. Hah! You got me. Yeah, I'm really loving this deep blue color lately, so thought I'd put it on the blog.

      I'm thankful for the support you get for your art center, too! It's so funny, I'm only about an hour and 10 minutes from S.F., but it's like a new world - we get support from the Monterey Bay and Santa Cruz areas, but not much from SF. Eh, well. ;)
      xoxo Juliette

      Delete
  3. OK, i like it when my orders are followed. omg they look like pope hats! is the 1st thing a necklace? and now you need to hang up that last pair. lol.
    good work keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAH! You're the only one besides me who has called those pope hats. That's exactly what I thought, so hanging bones from them and stuff was amusing.

      The first one is a necklace, but I liked the way the copper shone on this picture.

      And uh - yes ma'am on that last pair. (smile)

      Delete