Wednesday, April 25, 2012

tomorrow's another day.

I spent today and most of yesterday sleeping.  Somehow this past infusion just sapped the energy out of me when it tends to do just the opposite, normally.  Anyway, I have so much on my mind, including a visit from my parents this Friday!  Excited to take them to the gallery to see work, and to see our new place.

I started work on these a while ago.  LOVE assemblage, but am still getting my 'feet wet' with it. 

'deer and headlight' - deer tooth, antique button, recycled beehive parts, copper, steel.


'everything is for sale' - milagros, vintage bar bead, antique advertisements, steel.

xoxo, Juliette

4 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! I really like "everything is for sale." Very cool. What's the size?

    I was just thinking today that it would feel good to start smearing paint on a really, really big canvas that's standing over there in the corner. :)

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Lela! I'm feeling much better now, but wow - it took a while. The size of 'everything is for sale' is 3" x 5". it's small!

    But I hear you with smearing paint - did you do it? I just painted a table outside because I had leftover paint, and the little table was just sitting there. It turned out so well I'm going to do some more! xoxo Juliette

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope...the canvas still sits unsmeared. ;)
    I've been too busy with the silver.

    Love those tiny assemblages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your silver work is beautiful. I can't wait to see what happens with your next class!

    Glad you like the assemblages, I'm a bit hooked on them myself ;)

    ReplyDelete