Tuesday, April 17, 2012

in which work gets done.

Finally, a full day of working on new pieces.  SO long overdue, but that's what moving house does to you - Sparrow Salvage, my best wishes go out to you as you move house!  How smart, actually closing down shop for two weeks to focus on one thing.  Why didn't I think of that?

 Did a necklace and a pair of earrings today.  Didn't get out the light box, because I wanted to see how the sunlight in this new house, both inside and out, would work.

Whirlygig:

recycled tin, brass, afghani coin from Eclectic Tea, assorted beads and Tibetan skull bead.
Azalai:
African trade bead, petrified bone from I found this for you, antique Asian coin from Numinosity, copper focal me), brass chain and glass beads.



It's good to be back in the saddle.

7 comments:

  1. It shows in your work how delighted you are to be back at it.
    These pieces are full of spirit.
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thanks so much. A lot to do, but I'm so happy to be settled that it doesn't matter. I feel like I've taken the 'next step' in my work, and things are developing (which to me means that they're in the gangly stage). xoxo Juliette

      PS, when you go back to Alaska, will you still be posting and such?

      Delete
  2. Hooray, you got to work! I'm jealous. I think (maybe) I'm close to finding some time. I've signed up for yet another silversmithing class. I may be hooked on that.

    Your new work looks HAPPY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: And I like the new look of your blog!
    However, I do think that the blue links are hard to read on the dark brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lela, thanks for your comment about the blog. I was just thinking, 'maybe it's a bit too dark.' But I'll change the color of the links first to see how it goes.

      OH! I'm jealous of you taking another silversmithing class! I'm hoping to take a class with Keith Lo Bue in a few months, but someday I want to try my hand at silver smithing.

      xoxo Juliette

      Delete
  4. Lela, thanks for your comment about the blog. I was just thinking, 'maybe it's a bit too dark.' But I'll change the color of the links first to see how it goes.

    OH! I'm jealous of you taking another silversmithing class! I'm hoping to take a class with Keith Lo Bue in a few months, but someday I want to try my hand at silver smithing.

    xoxo Juliette

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orange links show up MUCH better. Good choice. :)

    ReplyDelete