Sunday, January 1, 2012

A bit of a rant, but I'm a happy girl today nonetheless.

ahh, the header isn't there yet, but it's getting there.  :P  New Year's Day - really wonderful, fairly quiet night last night, and today finds me peacefully attempting to do some creative work.  Problem is, I'm still pretty sick and so is Mark.  So the studio is still cold, and I have to wrap up tightly to go in there - but I MISS THE STUDIO!!!  It's this house - it's blessed AND cursed at the same time.  Who in their right mind keeps louvered windows on a cabin???  And if it was just meant to be a summer cabin, which most of these cabins were in the early 1900s, then why not UPDATE it like the REST of our neighbors?  To keep warm we have had to put up plastic insulation and buy thermal curtains and a ceramic heater, because the 'lovely propane fireplace' our landlady advertised is EXTREMELY low burning and is situated right between two louvered windows. 

Louvered windows belong on summer campers, the kind that look like bullets, remember?  You can literally stick your hand through them!!  And we have had nights in the mid-20s.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense.  We are warm and getting over this plague of a cold.  :)

Lots of pictures to take today (of jewelry), and a show to get ready for!!!

Hope your Day is wonderful xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, that is so silly! I'm sorry that your home is so cold. I shouldn't complain that mine can only get up to 60F I guess. I hope you get better soon so you can get back to the studio. It's so nice to meet another artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! it's very nice to meet you as well! I'm happy to say that the house has warmed up enough so that I can take the portable ceramic heater out into the studio, and so gradually I'm getting all the work done for this show :)

    Hoping you are staying warm, and look forward to learning more about you and your work!

    ReplyDelete